• 57-6158 US Army # 1825. L-20 No. 826 Command A-14. Delivered 05-Sep-1958. Built as L-20A and re-designated U-6A in 1962
• 57-6158 Stored at MASDC, Davis Monthan AFB., AZ. 09-Feb-1972 to 06-Feb-1976. PCN (Product Control Number) HS090.
Note: Purchased by Hillcrest at the Davis Monthan auction sale on 29-Jan-1976 for $24,000US. Sold as providing “no reasonable potential for normal certification”. Total time 6,057.7 hrs. Engine 6,145.7 hrs. Comment at sale included: late model wing and in good condition.
• N67685 (1) Hillcrest Aircraft, Lewiston, ID. Regd 06-Feb-1976.
• VH-AQV First Registered 30-Nov-1981.
• VH-AQV Burlington Northern Airfreight markings at one point. Circa 1982.
• VH-AQV Aquatic Airways, Palm Beach, NSW.
• VH-AQV Heli-Aust Whitsundays Pty. Ltd., Hamilton Island, QLD. Regd 13-Sep-2001.
Accident: Whitehaven Beach, Whitsunday Island, Queensland. 06-Mar-2003. The pilot was conducting a charter positioning flight from Hamilton Island Marina to Whitehaven Beach, Whitsunday Island. At approximately 1615 Eastern Standard Time (EST), the pilot was landing the aircraft towards the south, about 600 m off the beach, to avoid mechanical turbulence associated with terrain at the southern end of Whitehaven Beach. He reported that the approach and flare were normal, however, as the aircraft touched down on the right float, the aircraft swung sharply right and then sharply left. The left wing contacted the water, and the aircraft overturned. The pilot exited the upturned aircraft through the left rear passenger door and activated a 121.5 MHz distress beacon. After the aircraft had overturned, the pilot had no means of communication, other than the distress beacon. The passengers waiting on the beach had no means of communication with either the pilot or the company. When the company did not receive a departure radio report from the pilot, another company aircraft diverted to the area and located the overturned aircraft. The pilot was rescued from the aircraft by a company helicopter approximately 2 hours after the accident. Investigation Number:200300674
• VH-AQV Air Whitsunday Seaplanes Pty. Ltd., Airlie Beach, QLD. Regd 04-Jan-2006 under CASP 47.