Beaver Tails master index

previous next click on arrows to navigate page by page.

VH-BSC of BENDERS in later colours at Launceston, Tasmanie.
Photo: Unknown photographer © 26 June 1984 - Danny Tanner Collection - via Ian Mcdonell / AustAirData
Photo: KKK © 28 April 1984 - Danny Tanner Collection - via Ian Mcdonell / AustAirData
VH-BSC in really great shape.
Photo: Unknown photographer C.1984 - John Rodger Collection - Aird Archives
VH-BSC at Camden, - YSCN, NSW.
Photo: Alan Flett © January 1988 - Aird Archives
VH-BSC before the big BENDERS lettering.
Photo: Unknown photographer © 06 November 1980 - Danny Tanner Collection - via Ian Mcdonell / AustAirData
VH-BSC at Parafield - YPPF.
Photo: Unknown photographer © 26 August l979 - Danny Tanner Collection- via Ian Mcdonell / AustAirData
VH-BSC of Benders.
Photo: Unknown photographer © Warwick Bigsworth Collection




• Hawker-de Havilland Australia. Delivered 27-Jun-1966.

VH-BSC Benders Spreading Service Pty., Ltd., Hobart, TAS (Tasmania).

wfu 28-Apr-1975. Restored 28-Apr-1976.

Damaged: Wootoona, SA. 16-Sep-1979.

• Restored 21-Dec-1981.

Accident: Koala (35 km SSE of Cowra) NSW, 14-May-1988. During the first takeoff of the day the pilot dumped the load of superphosphate when he assessed that the aircraft would not become safely airborne before reaching the end of the strip. The aircraft's tail struck rocks beyond the end of the strip but the pilot was able to continue the flight and then return to the strip and land without further incident. This accident was not the subject of an on-scene investigation. Recorded as destroyed but like all good Beavers it was rebuilt.

Damaged: 10nm West Crookwell, NSW. 21-Jan-1990.

• Canx 21-Jan-1990. Restored 02-Jul-1991.

VH-BSC Walcha Aerial Services Pty., Ltd., Walcha, NSW. Regd 02-Jul-1991. Canx 19-Dec-1994 after accident.

Accident: 60km NW Taree (Cooplacurripa Station), NSW. 19-Dec -1994. The aircraft was operating from an agricultural airstrip 600 ft above mean sea level, spreading superphosphate over moderately steep undulating terrain. The duration of each flight was 6-7 minutes. The accident flight was the seventh and probably intended to be the last for the day. A witness, who was situated under the flight path, reported that the aircraft was tracking east-north-east in what appeared to be normal flight. Her attention was distracted for a few moments and when she next saw the aircraft it was in a near vertical dive with the upper surface of the wings facing her. The aircraft then struck the hillside and burst into flames. Examination of the wreckage did not reveal any pre-existing defect which may have contributed to the accident. Impact marks on the propeller indicated that the engine was operating at impact. Investigation Number:199403835.

Aircraft was buried