Beaver Tails master index
click on arrows to navigate page by page.
52-6062 at Troutdale, Oregon.
Photo: Ron Olsen © 1967
• 52-6062 USAF #1207. L-20 No: 208. Command AF-3. Delivered 12-Nov-1952. Built as L-20A and re-designated U-6A in 1962.
• Fate Unknown •
52-6062 was made available on 24-Oct-1952 and accepted on 03-Nov-1952 by the 6600th Air Depot AMO (Air Material Overseas Unit), at Downsview, ON., after which it was assigned to the Air Defence Command and delivered to McChord AFB., WA on 12-Nov-1953 where it was attached to the 4704th Defence Wing. It remained until 01-Aug-1953 moving over to the 567th Air Defence unit at McChord AFB., until 01-Apr-1954.
There now started a period of back and forth between the 567th and the 918th Aircraft Control and Warning Squadron at Baldy Hughes Air Station in British Columbia.
Emblem of the 918th AC & W Sqd
This lasted until 05-Oct-1955 when the unit at McChord became the 325th Fighter Wing. These transfers back and forth then continued up to 04-Dec-1959 when the aircraft ACW relationship continued with the 917th ACW at Puntzi Mountain Air Station in British Columbia until Oct-1962.
Its further USAF history is still to be researched.