• 53-7930 US Army #1471. L-20 No: 472. Command A-4. Delivered 21-Dec-1954. Built as L-20A and re-designated U-6A in 1962.
• 53-7930 For sale @ Coleman Barracks, Mannheim-Sandhofen, Germany. Seen 28-Aug-1972.
• N2297R Alexis I. Dupont, Wilmington, DE. Regd Jul-1979.
• N2297R Michael S. McBride, dba Air Adventures Inc., Kenai, AK. Regd 01-Sep-1988. On USCAR at Feb-1992 & 01-Oct-1994.
Accident: Nondalton, AK. 09-Jul-1994. The float equipped airplane, operated by Air Adventures of Kenai, Alaska, crashed during takeoff from Alexi Lake, located approximately 5 miles east of Nondalton, AK. The commercial certificated pilot-in-command and his five revenue passengers were not injured but the airplane sustained substantial damage. The on demand air taxi VFR flight was being conducted under 14 CFR Part 135, for the purpose of transporting a game guide and his clients to Nikiski, AK. ANC94LA079
Accident: Kustatan slough, approximately 19 miles west of Kenai, AK. 15-Jul-1994. The pilot reported that he was in a hurry to takeoff before it got dark. He began the takeoff with the flaps retracted because he did not use the plane's takeoff checklist. He recognized his error about three-fourths into the takeoff run. He reasoned that it was safer to attempt to extend the flaps and continue with the takeoff rather than abort. The plane overran the shoreline and collided with trees a short distance beyond. The plane's checklist was located on the flight control yoke directly in front of the pilot. The pilot and two company employees, the sole occupants, were not injured, but the airplane sustained substantial damage. The business flight was conducted under 14 CFR Part 91 for the purpose of surveying potential fishing areas for clients. NTSB report ANC94LA082
Total time: 5,000.hrs. at Jul-1994.
Airworthiness Date: 01-Jul-1998. Classification – Standard.
• N2297R Rapids Air LLC., West Peoria, IL. Regd 14-Apr-1999. Canx 04-Jun-2001.
• N2297R Rapids Camp Lodge Inc., Dallas, TX. Regd 18-Jun-2001. Based Lake Hood, Anchorage, Alaska.