• 52-6063 USAF #1208. L-20 No: 209. Command AF-3. Delivered 20-Nov-1952. Built as L-20A and re-designated U-6A in 1962. Later converted to TU-6A.
• N5154G Civil Air Patrol Inc., Maxwell AFB., AB. Regd May-1971.
Airworthiness date: 05-Nov-1974
• N5154G Harvey D. Harms, Chugiak, AK. Regd Jan-1977.
Accident: McGrath, AK. 12-Aug-1979. Aircraft failed to maintain airspeed in initial climb with sudden wind shift and landed hard back on water. Aircraft substantially damaged. Pilot and two passengers minor injuries. ANC79DAG79.
• N5154G Kim E. Davis, Detroit, MI. On USCAR at 02-Mar-1990 & 01-Oct-1994.
• N5154G Kakeldey Leasing Corp., Anchorage, AK. Regd 07-Jun-1995.
• N5154G Talon Air Service, Soldotna, AK. Details Unknown (P/E).
• N5154G Maritime Sales & Leasing Inc., Wilmington, DE. Regd 27-Feb-2003.
• N5154G Des LLC., Wilmington, DE. Regd 09-Feb-2005. Canx 25-Oct-2014
Accident: Near Swikshak River, Katmai National Park, Kodiak AK. 21-Sep-2006. Aircraft crashed after takeoff reportedly after turning downwind and encountering downdraught from adjacent mountain. Pilot and three passengers suffered no injuries, one passenger received serious injuries and one fatal injuries. Following a test the pilot was found to have a trace of marijuana in his blood. Aircraft removed from crash site into hands of owners’ representatives. ANC06FA136.
Note: Total time 11,613 hours. Sep-2006.
Note: At time of accident according to accident report (Also P/E) 21-Sep-2006 being operated by Alaskan Sportsman’s Lodge.
52-6063 was made available on 28-Oct-1952 and accepted on 07-Nov-1952 by the 6600th Air Depot AMO (Air Material Overseas Unit), at Downsview, ON., after which it was assigned to the Air Defence Command and delivered to the 29th Air Division at Great Falls AFB., MT., on 20-Nov-1952. It remained until 06-May-1953 when it moved to the 515th ADF Group for six months until 19-Jun-1953 at an undetermined location.
Emblem of the 29th Air Division
It returned to Great Falls and remained until 01-Oct-1955 including a brief visit back to Downsview for maintenance in Jan-1955. It remained with the 29th through a re designation to the 29th Air Defence Headquarters at Malmstrom but included a short period of maintenance with the Air Force Material Command at Minneapolis St Paul, MN., in 1959. It remained at Malmstrom until 17-Feb-1961 but latterly with the 4642nd Support Squadron. During Feb 1961 in moved to pastures new at Goose Bay AFB., NL where it was attached to the 59th Fighter Interceptor Squadron which was part of the Northeast Air Commands 64th Air Division. But this was only in passing as it then moved in the same month to Thule AFB., in Greenland with the 4683rd Air Defence Wing. The further USAF history of this aircraft is still to be researched but it is understood that at some time it was converted to a TU-6A.