• 56-4409 US Army # 1706 L-20 No. 707. Command A-12. Delivered 01-Aug-1957. Built as L-20A and re-designated U-6A in 1962.
• 56-4409 For sale at Coleman Barracks, Mannheim-Sandhofen, Germany. Seen 28-Aug-1972.
• No regn Purchased by B & M Aviation Ltd., Lachute, QC. 01-Apr-1973. Imported into Canada.
• tt 2,818.0 hours.
• C-GUBS B & M Aviation Ltd., Lachute, QC. Regd 10-Sep-1975
• C-GUBS Sabourin Lake Airways Ltd., (Norm Hegland), Cochenour, ON. Regd 07-Apr-1976.
Accident: North Spirit Lake, ON. Lat 53.31N. Lon 92.59W. 15-Jul-1976. The pilot circled the lake on arrival in preparation for landing. While decreasing airspeed prior to lowering flaps, the aircraft yawed to the left in the moderately turbulent air. The pilot applied some right rudder and a violent yaw to the right followed. The right wing dropped and the aircraft rotated 180 deg losing height rapidly and crashing in the lake, nose and right wing low. The pilot evacuated the aircraft safely. The aircraft was over gross weight with the c of g beyond the forward limit. The floats EDO-679-4930 were designed for a turbo beaver but also certified under CAR-3 for this installation provided a ventral fin was installed. The ventral fin was not installed on this aircraft and flight testing concluded that the aircraft was directionally unstable without it and complete loss of control could follow. The pilot suffered serious injury.
• C-GUBS Parsons Airways Ltd., Kenora, ON. Dates unknown.
• C-GUBS James K. Olson (Eagle Air Services), Wollaston Lake, SK. Regd 17-May-1979. Canx 01-Jun-1992. Regd 16-Jun-1992. Canx 27-Oct-1992.
• C-GUBS C & S Enterprises, (Hawkesbury) Ltd., Hawkesbury, ON. Regd 02-Dec-1992. Canx 07-Dec-1993.
Accident: Round Pond, NL 08-Oct-1993. When being operated by Labrador Airways on lease, the aircraft experienced engine failure on approach to pond. The aircraft crashed into woods and flipped over. No injuries sustained. CADORS report 1993A0291.
• C-GUBS C & C Ltd., Mount Pearl, NL. Regd 07-Dec-1993. Canx 30-Dec-1994.
• C-GUBS O’Neill Leasing Ltd., Mount Pearl, NL. Regd 30-Dec-1994. Canx 003-Jan-1995. Regd 01-May-1995. Canx 06-Jun-1995.
• C-GUBS Labrador Airways Ltd., Goose Bay, NL. Regd 23-Jun-1995. Regd 31-Aug-1995. Canx 05-Sep-1995. Regd 04-Jul-1996. Canx 06-Sep-1996.
• C-GUBS Gabbro Expediting & Transfer Inc., Mount Pearl, NL. Regd 06-Sep-1996. Canx 25-Nov-1996.
• C-GUBS Canadian Airways, Chapleau, ON. Regd 10-Dec-1996 and 16-May-2006.
Note: Modifications include: EDO 4930 floats, Kenmore seaplane fins, bubble windows in freight door, long range tip tanks, rear baggage extension with rectangular window.