Certificate of Airworthiness #3662 issued 28-Apr-1952.
• CF-ODG Province of Ontario Department of Lands and Forests, Sault Ste. Marie, ON. Certificate of Registration #10912 issued 28-Apr-1952. Delivered 02-May-1952 and operated until 1968.
Some details of activities with Province of Ontario.
Total hours at Apr-1954 870.45
Total Hours at Apr-1955 1,064.35
Loads carried Apr-1954 to Mar-1955 123,915lb.
Based 1954-1955 Geraldton & Sault Ste Marie.
• CF-ODG Quebec Aviation Ltée., QC later Ancienne Lorrette, QC. Regd prior to Certificate of Airworthiness renewal dated 16-May-1975. Canx prior to Certificate of Airworthiness renewal dated 23-May-1976.
• CF-ODG Cargair Ltée., St. Michel-des-Saints / Lac Kaiagamac (CSF8), QC. Regd 11-Jul-1974 until circa 1978.
• C-FODG Cargair Ltée., St-Michel-des-Saints / Lac Kaiagamac, QC. On CCAR dated May-1981.
• C-FODG Nordplus 1998 Ltée., Schefferville, QC. Regd 18-Jun-1999 & 26-Aug-2003.
Note: At Aug-2005 airframe had 20,900 hrs
Accident. 01-Sep-2005 20 mi. NW of Schefferville, QC. 4 mi. from Elross Lake, QC. The float-equipped de Havilland DHC-2 Beaver departed the Nordplus base camp at Squaw Lake, QC., at 0925 eastern daylight time, with a passenger and a few supplies on board, for a round-trip visual flight rules (VFR) flight to two wilderness camps, Camp 2 and Camp Pons. The weather in Squaw Lake was suitable for visual flight at the time of take-off but was forecast to deteriorate later in the day.
The pilot completed the flights to the two camps and on the way back to Squaw Lake the weather forced the pilot to make a precautionary landing on Elross Lake, 15 nm northwest of Squaw Lake. At 1630, he reported to the company via high frequency (HF) radio that he intended to take off from Elross Lake, as there seemed to be a break in the weather. Rescue efforts were initiated in the evening when the aircraft did not arrive at the base camp. The aircraft was located at 12:30 the following day, 4 nm from Elross Lake. The aircraft was destroyed by a post-impact fire. The pilot sustained fatal injuries. Report Number A05Q0157
• C-FODG Canx 30-Oct-2007.